As seen on IG ~
(🛑STOP🛑 DON'T FOLLOW this part)
In Real Life version is below.
Ingredients
2 Boxes Jiffy Corn Bread Mix
1 Can French Onion Soup
2 Eggs
2/3 Cup Milk
Use hand mixer or whisk to blend
Add 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
Add French's Crispy Fried Onions (She said add as much as you want. She added a lot!)*
Pour in Bundt pan (she used silicone. If you don’t silicone use cooking spray first)
Bake at 375° 40-45 minutes until golden
She inverted and topped with more cheese than put it back in the oven for a couple of minutes until the additional cheese melted. Then garnished with chives. (I’m not going to do that. I don't think it needs the extra cheese or the chives)
She also dipped it into French Onion Dip (like the kind you'd use for chip and dip. I’m not going to do that either! I'm going to make a compound butter with dry onion soup mix.)
*I’m concerned the Crispy Fried Onions will get soggy when mixed into the batter so I’m not going to mix them in, I’m going to put them on top. That wouldn't work with a Bundt pan though because the top becomes the bottom and then...soggy scenario again.
~Source: itskaileeskitchen on IG. Warning, her videos are very long and no printed recipes. She has some other interesting ones which I've also saved and will be popping in here with a Maybe Someday label... someday.
| This was her photo in the IG Reel |
// End influenced recipe
In Real Life:
Underbaked? Nope, toothpick came out clean.
Cut too soon while it was still warm? Nope, it sat for a couple of hours before I cut it.
Final verdict: Skip the milk completely. Only mix half the cheese before baking, top with the rest of the cheese about five minutes before it's done.
UPDATED RECIPE:
Ingredients:
2 Boxes Jiffy Corn Bread Mix
1 Can French Onion Soup
2 Eggs
1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
French's Crispy Fried Onions
Preheat oven to 375°
Mix corn bread mix, soup, and eggs until combined.
Add 1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese and combine.
| Next time: 1/2 the cheese now and half later. Sans the milk. |
Spray 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Pour in batter. Sprinkle half the can of onions over the top.
Bake for 15 minutes. Add the rest of the mozzarella and the rest of the onions. Bake another 10 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
While baking make compound butter (optional).
I used 1 stick of softened butter and about half package of onion dip mix.
Because butter on cornbread sounded better to me than sour cream based dip.
| How cute are these serving pieces? They are from💲🌳 |
| This part was for the hubster |
| This part was for my friends! |
Comments
Post a Comment