Sweet Potato & Black Bean Soup
| Before |
| After |
Ingredients:
3 medium or 2 large sweet potatoes
4-6 cups of Bone Broth
1 clove peeled Garlic
½ Tbsp Paprika
Olive Oil
Cracked Black Pepper & Sea Salt
1 can Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
Optional: Croutons, Bacon
Instructions:
Peel & cube sweet potatoes evenly. Toss with olive
oil, paprika and pepper.
Bake at 400* for 30-35 minutes.
Meanwhile, sauté garlic in olive oil and paprika 3-4 minutes.
Add bone broth and salt*. Bring to simmer.
Add rinsed black beans and baked sweet potatoes.
Immersion blend until smooth.
For Homemade Croutons:
I used two slices of sourdough bread, cubed. I tossed them with about a tablespoon each of melted butter and olive oil. Then added Italian seasoning and salt. Measure with your heart.
Put in single layer on a baking sheet in the air fryer at 400° for 6 minutes.
(Or you could bake in the oven at 375° for 12-15 minutes.)
Then I added four slices of cut up cooked bacon.
*Reel/screenshots didn't indicate when to add the salt, so I assume anywhere would do. I added it when I put the bone broth in the pot and definitely when I made the croutons!
Patti's Note: I think this would be equally as good if you left it chunky instead of blending. Also with some additional protein like shredded chicken. My husband said he'd like it better if it had meat!
~Source: I just finished listening to the book Hexes Go Well With Tequila by Leanna Ehrsam. I found this recipe on the author's IG page: leewriter19.
I had to screenshot my way through:
There are other pictures on her page but these were the ones with the how-to.
Comments
Post a Comment