Albondigas Soup
Ingredients:
2 lbs ground beef
1 cup rice
2 bunches cilantro*
1 egg
1 tsp each salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano
1 tbsp tomato Knorr**
5 Roma tomatoes
½ onion (or 1 small)
2 garlic cloves
2 chipotle peppers (in adobo)
1 tbsp Tomato and Chicken Knorr**
1 cup water
8 cups water
Potatoes
Carrots
Zucchini***
My alterations:
*I use 1 bunch cilantro and 1 bunch Italian parsley. (Half of each in the meatball mixture, the other half at the end.)
**I use the Tomato and Chicken Knorr in the meatballs instead of Tomato Knorr. No need to buy both if you don't already have it.
***I don't use zucchini. It gets mushy even though its added at the end. I use green beans instead.
I double all of the seasoning, especially in the meatballs so they have a lot of flavor.
Instructions:
Mix together ground beef, rice, cilantro/parsley, egg, and seasonings. Mix well and form meatballs. (Original recipe indicated ¼ cup but I made them a little smaller.)
Set aside
In blender:
Add tomatoes, onion, garlic, chipotle peppers, Tomato and Chicken Knorr, 1 cup water. Blend until smooth.
Put in pot and add 8 cups water. Add meatballs.
Cover and cook 20 minutes
Add potatoes and carrots.
Cook 10 minutes.
Add zucchini and cilantro/parley
Cook 10 minutes. I find I need to cook at least 30 minutes for the potatoes and carrots to cook thoroughly and the rice in the meatballs to get tender.
These pictures are from the first time I made it. I don't use zucchini anymore as mentioned above.
Comments
Post a Comment